Make money while making a difference – $1,000 your first month, guaranteed*
Make money in your free time
Earn up to $32 per hour* with the opportunity to earn bonuses.
Safe Rides support team
Our U.S. – based Safe Rides team is here to support you whether you’re on or off the road.
Set your own schedule
Choose rides in your area that best fit your own schedule.
Make a difference
Change the lives of families, youth and children in your community.
Do it All, Right from the App
Set your own Schedule
Select rides that work best for your schedule, up to 7 days in advance.
Everything at your Fingertips
Know where you’re driving, an estimate of how much you’ll earn, and rider information.
Track your Earnings
Easily see what you earned for each ride from the Ride History tab in the app.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A CAREDRIVER
5 years caregiving experience
At least 23 years old
Good driving record
4-door vehicle no more than 10 years old
Multi-agency background check, including fingerprinting
What are the steps to becoming a CareDriver?
Last Update:Sep 17 2019 7:00pm
Follow the steps below to become a CareDriver:
- First, sign up and submit your information to HopSkipDrive here.
- The sign up form entails submitting your basic information, answering qualifying questions and completing a brief written questionnaire
Submit required information
- Once your online application has been accepted, HopSkipDrive will request that you submit your required information before attending your in-person event.
- Provide documents; Driver’s License, Insurance (your name and vehicle information must be listed), and Vehicle Registration
- Complete an online orientation
Attend in-person event
- Attend your CareDriver Orientation, which is an in-person meeting with a HopSkipDrive team member
- Be fingerprinted
- Listen to a brief presentation and participate in a Q&A session
- Pass the 19-Point Vehicle Inspection
After attending your in-person event
- Complete the final steps before activation
- Pass an online background check
- Pass a Driving Record Check
- Complete a Medical Exam (as required by specific states)
- Complete a W9
- Brush up on the online training
- Follow the steps HopSkipDrive provides via SMS and/or email to get set up as a CareDriver
What are the qualifications to becoming a CareDriver?
Last Update:Jan 24 2019 7:28pm
The safety of our passengers is our #1 priority and therefore, HopSkipDrive believes in leaving no stone unturned. That is why we have developed a comprehensive screening process designed to make sure all rides are delivered safely & reliably. See the checklist below for the basic qualifications to becoming a CareDriver:
- At least 23 years old
- At least 5 years caregiving experience
- At least one year of driving history
- iPhone 5s (or newer) or Android
- Good driving record
- 4 door vehicle, model year 2009 or newer
- Current Driver’s License in home state
- Insurance (reflecting your name & vehicle)
- Clear Background Checks
- Passed Vehicle Inspection
How many hours can I drive in a day?
Last Update:Nov 13 2018 4:23pm
CareDrivers are not to exceed more than 12 hours a day driving for HopSkipDrive.
How long does it take to become a CareDriver?
Last Update:Nov 13 2018 4:21pm
It’s different for everyone! CareDrivers are added to the HopSkipDrive platform on an as needed basis based on your home zip code. When additional drivers are needed in your area, we will notify you!
Once you complete the application process and the in-person event please allow at least one week for your background checks to process. When your background check returns clear and we have all necessary information from you, we will activate your CareDriver profile and you can start taking rides!